TOP OF THE CHARTS ON KIMN 1965-66-68-69 AND 1970
Scott Lancelot of Denver kindly provided these great KIMN end-of-year tally sheets for the top hits including a KIMN All-Time Top 300!
Great stuff! Lots of memories. “The Greatest Hits Ever Since Elvis” listing (which would place it from about 1956 up through 1966 and deem it as a 10-year collection which seemed like forever looking back into 1966) has “I Want To Hold Your Hand” in the top spot – followed by “Satisfaction”, “Louie, Louie” and “Gloria” making this a rock and roller’s dream. The Beatles edged out The King – seven tracks to five – not bad considering the Beatles still had three or four pretty decent years ahead of them at the time.
Local Colorado bands/musicians that made the Top 300 include:
- The Astronauts – Baja – Number 36
- The Soul Survivors – Can’t Stand To Be In Love With You – Number 141
- Jody Reynolds – Endless Sleep – Number 158 (born in Colorado – departed to Oklahoma at early age)
- The Moonrakers – You’ll Come Back – Number 230
- Bob Lind – The Elusive Butterfly – Number 292